If you’ve just welcomed a new baby in this beautiful world or just expecting one and are already exploring ways to boost sensory and motor skills for your baby, there is no better way than quiet books.
Also called a baby quiet book, these are made with different materials that encourage and boost a baby’s development and sensory exploration.
Other than that, boosting your baby’s development from an early age with quiet busy books will pay off later. That’s because teaching your baby through learn and play method will have a deep impact in later life. Moreover, it will reduce their screen time.
Isn’t this great?
Well, if you’re new to this world, then you might be thinking about what quiet books are and what makes them so special for babies or toddlers.
Don’t worry, we are going to explore everything about the quiet book for babies.
What are quiet or busy books?
The quiet book is a fabric book that includes educational activities for toddlers. Every page of a busy book includes buttons, zips, bows, 3D objects, and more which helps children to become familiar with several things and scenarios. It helps a child to identify many things such as animals, meals, laundry, and more (only to name a few).
The materials that are used for creating Montessori quiet books help kids familiarize themselves with various things with his/her sense of touch. Unlike classic books, toddler busy books contain objects with which the child can interact. For example, the Deer Quiet Book includes textures and materials that help a child learn and develop key skills.
What are the Reasons to Love Quiet Books?
There’s a reason why quiet books are preferred by most parents and caregivers. Quiet busy books have the power to tap into the kids’ minds to nurture their imagination from cover to cover.
This way, kids are encouraged to use their imagination to create their own stories, get into pretend play, and discover their ideologies with every flip of the page.
Baby busy books help in improving their speech and developing communication skills by expressing their thoughts and concerns better. Also, they’ll become proud of the victories they achieve on the way to completing their activities.
Improves Fine Motor Skills:
Handing over the felt busy books at a young age of 9 to 10 months can help them learn to pick things early, feed themselves, and beyond. Moreover, it will encourage them to grab a better grip on pencils when they enter their school years.
You must know that 6 months old is the perfect time to help your little one grow and give them support using their thumb and forefinger to hold onto small objects. Also, it further helps them perform basic actions in the most imaginable way.
Quiet books for babies help them develop motor skills at a very young age since it ingrains a sense of confidence in kids that ensures mentally fit, healthy, and strong adults who possess confidence in what they do and achieve!
Encourages Creativity & Imaginative Play:
Toddler quiet books often feature characters and scenes that can spark a child’s imagination. This encourages creative and imaginative play, which is essential for children’s cognitive development.
For example, a quiet book might include a farm scene with animals that can be moved around, or a storybook with characters that can be dressed up in different clothes.
The quiet books help improve the kid’s speech and increase their ability to communicate better, by expressing what and when they need help. This way, they become proud of the little victories they achieve.
Promote Language Development:
The felt busy books can be used as a tool to promote language development at an early age. It includes labeled pictures or words, which can help children learn new vocabulary and concepts.
Reading and interacting with toddler quiet books can also help children learn how to follow a story and understand the connection between words and their meanings.
With the help of quiet books, children learn to create fictional stories around any activity or action. This way, they can practice mutual communication and follow directions even in the real life.
Learn Basic Concepts:
In addition to promoting language development, quiet books for toddlers can also be used to teach children basic concepts such as colors, shapes, and numbers.
For example, a quiet book might include a page with different colored shapes that can be matched to a corresponding-colored outline. This helps children learn to identify and name different colors and shapes.
Quiet books are meant to improve basic concepts, memorization, and identification. When these are encouraged in the early stages of a child’s development, they are more likely to grow up into intelligent human beings.
How to pick the right quiet book for toddlers?
Due to a wide range of educational requirements, age, and gender of the toddler, one needs to choose the right quiet book. Basically, you can find two types of quiet books in the market. Let’s get into detail such that you choose one for your baby.
Printable Quiet Books:
Generally, quiet books are made up of 80% polyester and 20% cotton. Inside the book, you can find many printed colorful images.
- Printable quiet books don’t contain details, which means they are quite light for the child to carry alongside.
- The printable quiet book price is lower because the production of these books such as sewing, cutting, gluing, and more, involves no labor.
- The ink used while producing the quiet books is of high quality and doesn’t fade, thus, one can clean quiet books easily.
- The printable quiet books for babies contain only pictures, thus, these have no interactive features to help kids develop fine motor skills through activities that strengthen hands, and fingers, through puzzling, buttoning, zippering, and so on.
- The busy quiet books are suitable only for babies from 0-2 years of age. Also, older kids will find these busy books boring because they want to experiment more at their developmental stage.
Interactive Quiet Books:
This busy book for toddlers integrates more details made of fabric or other materials to create interactive activities.
- The interactive busy quiet book involves many details that give them the opportunity to enhance kids’ interaction with books, hence developing their thinking, problem-solving, role-playing, imagination, creativity, and more.
- The activities provided in the toddler's busy books such as peeling, sticking, dressing, buttoning, shoe lacing, and more, can help your kids not only develop fine motor skills but also get familiar with the things that they need to do later on.
- It unfolds the possibility of creative imagination in kids. The contents in the toddler busy books are according to the age of the child such that it supports the developmental level of the child.
- The quiet book price isn’t as affordable as printable books because it involves more activities and content.
- These books must be washed gently by hand such that it remains in perfect condition.
Quiet books are a great way to grow your child’s memory, imagination, and vocabulary. Moreover, it fosters a parent-child bond, since it involves many activities that encourage children to communicate while completing any activity.
So, are you now ready to buy busy books for your child? The above-mentioned benefits are enough to encourage you to invest in a quiet book.
If you’re searching for ‘where can I buy busy books for my kid’, go through our wide collection of quiet books. Choose from a wide variety of quiet books including deer quiet books, alphabet quiet books, fox quiet books, number quiet books, shape quiet books, and more.